|Date Posted||July 20, 2022|
Jax Federal Credit Union is seeking a Member Engagement Center Manager to manage, recommends, and implements Credit Union strategies, processes, policies, procedures, projects, training, and communications to enhance the Member Engagement Center’s efficiency and member experience for the Service, Digital and future ITM teams. Oversees the administrative and innovative aspects of multiple delivery channels and business projects while managing resources to maximize the member experience and meet or exceed service standards and corporate objectives. Responsible for regulatory compliance, business continuity, input for selecting and managing vendor relationships, systems configuration, expense management, and budgeting/forecasts. Exercises professionalism and leadership in performing most duties independently. Serves as brand ambassador for Member Engagement Center with retail staff and other support departments. Manages, inspires, and oversees the work of the Member Engagement Center staff to determine that daily jobs are being performed, production goals are met, timelines honored, and excellent member experience occurs for internal and external members.
Location: Park Street Building, 562 Park Street, Jacksonville, FL 32204
Status: Full-time Exempt
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Balance the member experience with overall profitability.
- Inspires and motivates team to deliver on the Credit Union’s mission, vision, core values and service standards.
- Serves as primary contact for MEC-related vendors. Conducts appropriate vendor meetings to keep Credit Union well positioned in our market. Keeps abreast of industry changes.
- Project management from ideation to execution. Ability to lead a diverse cross-functional project team, manage multiple project tasks concurrently and effectively coordinate and control implementation plans.
- Risk and Compliance: Identifies and mitigates risks associated with digital offerings, including, video, chat, co-browsing, screen sharing, and audio. Monitors and reduces internal/external fraud and suspicious activity. Works with BSA/Fraud department and vendors to set and maintain fraud rules that will lessen the impact of current fraud trends. Maintains information security practices, regulatory compliance and follows sound business practices. Ensures Credit Union compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to department and incorporates these compliance requirements into departmental policies including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Ensures that internal controls are adequately implemented to limit exposure to fraud and keep financial losses to a minimum. Implements necessary procedures and controls for Digital Banking fraud detection and prevention. Implements the appropriate auditing of all functions in the department. Performs annual and new product/service risk assessments; responds to audit findings.
- Directs and supervises: MEC teams (service & digital) to maximize productivity to ensure daily, weekly, monthly, and annual tasks are accurately completed on time. Includes staffing and scheduling, hiring, directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, and training. Ensures daily huddles and department meetings for area and CU-wide changes is being completed. Assists retail teams with huddles on digitally related information, and partner with them in becoming digital advocates. Communicates on a regular basis with branch operations to share latest trends, provide feedback, digital product education and engagement as needed. Provides chair side coaching/call monitoring and provides improvement feedback to associates to improve service and efficiency.
- Champions Credit Union’s new brand and service standards. Inspires teams to embrace and follows new sales and service requirements.
- Monitors and reports: on MEC service and digital teams as it relates to cross-selling goals, adoption, penetration, profitability, and other key metrics for assigned products and services to ensure strategic goals are met. Acts to correct changing trends or unsatisfactory member experiences. Handles escalated member service and problem resolution issues. Works with Marketing to promote and increase member and staff usage of digital products and services to meet and surpass goals.
- Operational oversight: to include planning, recommending, and implementing programs and policies, and general administrative direction. Maintains working knowledge for all MEC systems. Keeps area documentation up to date within department as well as the Resource Center. Works with training department as subject matter expert for MEC related training. Acts as primary liaison between members, other departments and various third parties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
Minimum five years of call center management role. Similar or related experience in a financial or retail environment. Relevant expertise with financial products and services preferred.
(1) A two-year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program. Other member- focused, problem- solving certifications or competencies are desirable.
The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job. Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent member service skills. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills. The candidate meets employees on all levels of the organization. The candidate is a resource to the organization and must be an effective listener and communicator. The candidate must set the example in attitude, behavior, and work ethic.
Strong technology skills, project management and process improvement skills. Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment. Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands. Ability to identify member opportunities for financial improvement, advocate for credit union services and technology options, and provide support. Possess a strong sense of urgency. Effectively set priorities, allocates resources, takes accountability, and achieves results. Strong vendor management skills. Ability to operate and troubleshoot problems in all areas of operations and assist other internal and external members.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.