|Date Posted||February 8, 2021|
|Address||562 Park Street|
Jax Federal Credit Union is seeking a Director of Mortgage Operations and Loan Origination to be responsible for ensuring an overall effective mortgage operations department to include mortgage loan origination, servicing, underwriting & the loan processing functions. Assists in planning and directing the organization’s mortgage loan operations activities in accordance with established servicing objectives and philosophies. Monitors existing programs and makes recommendations for changes as needed. Monitors all mortgage loan originations, processing, & servicing functions including the collection of all real estate loans and other loans. Manages the maintenance of hazard insurance policies, real estate tax payments, related loan servicing records, and the collection of monies due on all active loan accounts. Responds to member requests for loan information. Supervises, monitors, and evaluates the work of mortgage loan operations personnel. Responsible for development of a management reporting system for both pre-funding and post-closing review findings.
Location Corporate Office (562 Park Street, Jacksonville, FL 32204)
Status Full-time Exempt
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets rates following established guidelines. Locks rates when appropriate in Freddie Mac. Uploads and sells mortgages into Freddie Mac’s selling system.
- Sets and manages to departmental performance standards. Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of team members assigned to the Mortgage Department. Recruits, trains, counsels, and coaches associates. Prepares performance evaluations and makes recommendations for associate disciplinary action. Embraces JAXFCU’s Core Values and ensures internal service standards are met which include: Availability, Knowledge, Communication, and Seeking First to Understand.
- Underwrites mortgage applications, audits and ensures compliance. Ensure the Credit Union approves loans consistent with approved policies and guidelines designed to control charge-offs. Prepare and submit the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) report on an annual basis and keep the Loan Application Register (LAR) up- to-date. Ensures Mortgage Department has clean audits/exams from the Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB), external auditors, internal auditors and the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). Ensures compliance with all mortgage regulations to include the SAFE Act and other applicable regulations such as Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Provides input to management to streamline and improve origination, underwriting, processing, and servicing of 1st Mortgages, Home Equity Loans & Lines for the benefit of the member and the credit union. Creates process maps and utilized project management techniques. Configures mortgage systems and runs reports. Negotiates vendor contracts with strict adherence to vendor management policy and safeguarding of member information. Maintains relationships with a variety of vendor representatives. Provide input and manages department’s budget.
- Coordinates with the Chief Lending Officer regarding mortgage origination activities. Manages mortgage modification requests in conjunction with the Collections Department. Keeps abreast of industry changes; attends CUREN meetings, reviews secondary market and loan origination systems bulletins, NAFCU, and attorney updates and other sources of regulatory change. Reviews Title Policies, Appraisals, and Flood Determination to assure Secondary Market and Investor standards and requirements are met.
- Assist the credit union to grow loan business by deepen relationships with existing members, prospective members, & real estate professionals.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for mortgages. Handles escalated member calls and ensures timely problem resolution and follow-up resolution. Keeps product manual, Intranet policies and procedures and other tools current and up to date for all staff’s use. Provides direction to the associates and participated in activities to ensure that mortgage loan insurance premiums and real estate taxes and special assessments are paid and collected in a timely manner. Produces and provides pipeline reports. Offers recommendations and actions to improve loan strategies. Recommends conditions and terms of real estate products. Monitors expiring HELOC’s, ensure a robust quality assurance program is in place, keeps mortgage records organized and orderly.
Knowledge & Skills
Years of experience requirement include:
1. Five (5) or more years managing and directing a mortgage processing operation including processing, underwriting, servicing and compliance.
2. Five (5) years of experience selling loans to Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
3. Five (5) or more years of prior management experience leading a team of mortgage professionals.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, and/or accounting preferred.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or
1. Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending; must have proven track record of selling and servicing loans.
2. Must have working knowledge of regulations affecting mortgage lending.
3. Must have good communication and supervisory skills.
4. Must have working knowledge of spreadsheets.
5. Must have strong organizing, planning, and time management skills
Origence Loan Origination system
FICS Mortgage Software: Mortgage Servicer, Loan Producer
Freddie Mac Seller Servicer system
MS Office Suite; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook
Proficient in developing and populating Excel spreadsheets for management reporting
Laptop and/or PC
Copiers, calculator and scanners
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able
to complete basic mathematical calculations, spell accurately, and understand computer basics. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and
professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be
able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be
capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.