|Date Posted||July 28, 2022|
Jax Federal Credit Union is seeking a Lead Teller to coordinate and oversee the daily teller activities of a retail branch ensuring efficiency, accuracy and member satisfaction. He/She will create a highly collaborative environment centered around teamwork and work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure optimal staffing and scheduling of resources to meet the member needs of the credit union. He/she will support credit union visions and goals by encouraging team participation and gaining associate buy-in.
Baymeadows Branch, 9802 Old Baymeadows Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32256
FT (approximately 40 hours per week)
1. Performs teller role and responsibilities during lunch and /or periods of staffing vacancies. Mitigates risk to the credit union by placing appropriate check holds according to regulations.
2. Responsible for cash management to include efficient ordering of cash, securing of cash, replenishment of cash automation equipment in branch, and reconciling daily, weekly, and/or monthly. Maintains records and reports as required. Performs monthly cash, check, and security audits for each Teller.
3. Coordinate and monitor daily teller activities to insure that position standards are met and that JAXFCU’s policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for daily branch operations to include opening and closing activities.
4. Oversees and prepares branch schedules for Tellers and up-keeps the Master Work Schedules.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: branch balancing, coin machine balancing, balancing VISA terminal, dual control functions, and facilitating shared branching transactions.
6. Handles member issues and/or complaints. Research and troubleshoot errors.
7. Serve as an “on the job” trainer/mentor for new Tellers. Coaches, teaches, and trains them skill building techniques to help meet and exceed goals. Identifies performance problems and celebrates success! Provides the Branch Manager with performance observations and feedback for associate performance evaluations.
Knowledge & Skills
Two years to five years of similar or related experience working with the public required. Prior supervisory experience is highly desired but not required. Or, the equivalent of two years cash handling experience combined with customer service and/or supervisory experience.
A high school education or GED.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Must be good with detail to deal with numbers and names. Familiarity with MS Word and MS Excel and ability to navigate between multiple windows simultaneously.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Contact with others, primarily face-to-face or by phone within a small workspace. Works closely as a team with 4-5 co-workers. Candidate should expect repetition of the types of transactions performed daily. May be asked to travel to other branch locations as needs arise.
Must be able to perform job functions independently and with limited supervision. Must work effectively as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under stress of deadline, requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.