Universal Associate II
|Date Posted||February 28, 2023|
Jax Federal Credit Union is seeking a Universal Associate II to serve as a resource within the branch network for new and existing member account and loans, along with teller transaction needs. Maintains extensive knowledge of all products and services to promote, refer and cross sell through a consultative needs-based approach. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in interpreting policies and procedures. The Universal Associate II performs a broad variety of member service, and account opening and loan processes. Follows member service procedures and standards to ensure consistency and the highest quality service is met. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in interpreting policies and procedures. Develops extensive knowledge of all Credit Union deposit and loan products/services. The Universal Associate II performs a broad variety of member and lending services including the following and will have the opportunity to develop his/her leadership skills to potentially advance to a lead, Universal III, for the branch.
Location: Park Street Branch; 562 Park St., Jacksonville, FL 32204
Status: Full-time (approximately 40 hours per week)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for greeting members, representing the Credit Union to the member in a courteous and professional manner, providing prompt, efficient, and accurate services in any area needed.
2. Process all transaction types.
3. Responsible for maintaining, securing, and balancing cash machines not limited to ATM’s, cash recyclers, cash dispensers, and all work involved in transactions.
4. Responsible for the decision on accepting negotiable instruments for cash, deposit or payment or seeking approval when needed.
5. Responsible for remaining at the office after closing, as necessary, to ensure all balancing is complete for the branch.
6. Responsible for referring all Credit Union products and services to members; must have adequate product knowledge to present them in a positive, professional manner, answering any questions the member may have.
7. Assists members with service inquiries that include debit cards, fraud, and dispute request, stop payments, unauthorized ACH request, deposit product rate reviews, name record file maintenance items, online banking and IRA withdrawals and maintenance.
8. Responsible for selling and cross-selling of all Credit Union products and services to members; must have adequate knowledge to present them in a positive, professional manner, answering any questions the member may have.
9. Opens all types of new accounts completing necessary paperwork for each.
10. Thoroughly knowledgeable on all electronic products and services and possess the ability to competently explain and assist members in the setup and use.
11. Conducts loan interviews in a consultative manner, and obtains all new or updated credit history, financial data, and any information necessary for a sound loan decision.
12. Knowledgeable of the Credit Union’s loan policies and rates.
13. Verifies that all paperwork necessary to act on a loan is complete and available to underwriters.
14. Verifies that all ratios are within guidelines of the Credit Union.
15. Able to explain and sell all payment protection products so that the member realizes the benefit of the product.
16. Acquires and show the ability to assist members using JAXFCU’s service and sales standards.
17. Maintains a positive team environment by cooperating willingly with other employees who request assistance and requesting assistance also if needed.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Performance Standards
1. All members are to be greeted in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner and welcomed to the Credit Union office following service standards.
2. Must effectively listen to solve member problems and serve their needs.
3. Must thoroughly and professionally explain the feature and benefits of all Credit Union products and offer top notch service as measured by the established service quality standards. (Mystery shops and surveys)
4. Must ensure that all consumer loan applications are acted upon the same day if possible, or no later than the next day.
5. Ensures that all loan related imaging is maintained daily.
6. Responsible for maintaining sales and service standards at an acceptable level as established by the Credit Union and measured by referral and/or sales results on scorecard.
7. Maintains acceptable sales and service performance standards as measured by mystery shops, scored observations and coaching sessions.
8. Strives to exceed goals assigned. (Product, Mortgage/Business, Investment)
9. Must be proactive to influence events or achieve goals. (Making outbound sales calls)
10. Required to follow the attendance guidelines outlined in the Associate Handbook, arriving at work on or before the scheduled work time.
11. Must follow all policies and procedures established by the credit union.
Knowledge and Skills
Six months to two years of similar or related experience. Consumer loan experience is needed. Must maintain required insurance licenses.
A high school degree or GED is required.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard. Proficient in Microsoft products. The ability to learn new systems and adapt quickly to changing technology Valid drivers license is required.
Is able to bend, sit, and stand in order to perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to complete basic mathematical calculations, spell accurately, and understand computer basics. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in the position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This Job description is not a contract and should not be constructed as a guarantee of employment for any period of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.